Being busy with client delivery is a problem that lots of us would love to have… but the reality of having lots of client delivery work is that often, your business development activities can take a backseat. And as we all know, when we have a break in business development activities, we see the consequences ninety days later when we have a sales famine.
Finding time for business development is business-critical… regardless of whether you’re in a high delivery period or not. If you want a steady stream of corporate clients then it’s integral to make sure that you’re operating a consistent B2B lead generation and sales process… so we have to find ways to make that happen even when times are busy.
In this episode, I’ll be covering;
- Our popular December episode and how you can help the growth of the Selling to Corporate ® podcast! (00:25)
- Understanding how my most successful clients are balancing business development and client delivery. (03:35)
- How you can grab one of the remaining tickets for the Converting Corporates April event. (04:25)
- Why the feast/ famine B2B sales cycle happens – so that we can avoid it moving forward. (05:24)
- Defining our own priorities and how they factor into your business development plan. (06:21)
- Why avoiding setting boundaries with clients leads to a feast/ famine B2B sales cycle. (07:18)
- How ‘diary squeezing’ trainings lead to poor business development practice. (07:48)
- The problems that come with successful sales cycles (and how it can scupper your motivation!) (08:55)
- The three simple steps it takes to generate consistent clients and have time for regular B2B business development. (10:08)
- How protected calendar management can solve your feast/ famine sales cycle problems. (10:44)
- How I use protected calendar time to always complete my business development tasks – and what you can learn from it! (11:13)
- Why early morning reactivity feels tougher – and the reason I prioritise clients after 11am. (11:41)
- How avoiding reactivity made my clients more confident in their own B2B sales skills. (13:00)
- Why setting client boundaries allows you to be 100% present in client delivery. (14:45)
- How protected calendar management means that you always have consistent time for business development activities. (17:15)
- The ways that pricing your products/ services impacts your consistency with business development. (17:42)
- How undercharging leads to feast/ famine B2B sales cycles. (18:34)
- How managing prospective clients expectations can support you building out better business development time (and manage your delivery workload!) (20:25)
- Finding your own rhythm for client delivery and managing your B2B sales process. (21:14)
- How to understand when you’re really at your ‘tipping point’ and require additional business development support. (22:36)
- How our C Suite participants start to bring additional business support into their company. (23:08)
- The different ways that C Suite participants are scaling their processes for B2B sales and how it’s helping them to grow. (23:41)
- How / why you might feel awkward about actioning some of these strategies – and why they’ll benefit you moving forward. (24:17)
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Make sure you grab your spot to Converting Corporates this April for an epic two day, in-person implementation workshop. We’re covering areas like; pricing, negotiation, selling retainers, setting (and managing!) client boundaries around your sales process and improving your consultative sales skills to sell better, quicker and enjoy it more. Click here to grab your ticket!
Take the Selling to Corporate ® offer quiz and find out what the best offer is that you could sell to corporate.
Join The C Suite ® now! If you’re looking to get the best support in selling your services to corporate organisations, not to mention hundreds of email templates, swipe files and proposal outlines so that you really can convert at much higher rates and sell your services more successfully then click here to join the waitlist now.
Converting Corporates Bundle: If you’re looking to learn the foundational pieces to successfully sell your services to corporate organisations, grab this fabulous self study programme here! You’ll learn how to; Create your 250K corporate sales plan, set your business development strategy for success, understand and successfully generate qualified leads and hear from real hiring managers on their top tips for pitching to organisations!
Book an exploratory chat with me! I’m offering exploratory sessions with me so that you can ask any questions you have about The C Suite ® and how it can benefit your business. These opportunities are incredibly limited – so if you’d like my eyes on your business and a totally transparent conversation about how The C Suite ® could support your goals, schedule your call today.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
If you’ve been consuming the content and LOVE the show, please make sure you take five minutes out of your day to leave a review.