As we head into 2021, it’s a good time to start thinking about managing different types of selling situations. One of the most common situations that occurs as we start to sell more and submit more proposals, is that we can end up seeing more rejections – and often, salespeople will avoid looking at why proposals have been rejected and move onto the next deal.
But is that really what you should be doing?
And could avoiding the issue actually be ensuring that you lose out on more deals?
This episode is for you if;
- You have recently started or are regularly submitting sales proposals to corporate organisations.
- You’ve started seeing rejections or you’ve noticed that your ‘close rate’ is lower than 60%
- You want to know what you can do to increase your opportunities after a sales proposal has been rejected.
- You want to understand how to handle proposal rejection in a clear, consultative way that helps you close the deal next time!
In this episode, I’m sharing;
- A brief overview of the new UK / world coronavirus restrictions and what that means for external suppliers who are selling B2B in 2021. ([01:57])
- Why you might be experiencing an influx of proposal rejections – and why that’s a good thing. ([07:42])
- The average close rate for proposals at Selling to Corporate HQ – and what that means for your business/ metrics. ([08:22])
- The reason that it’s important to acknowledge and normalise failure – and how it can help your future close rate. ([10:06])
- How deal pipelines can contribute to your weekly metrics and how you can use them to increase your proposal close rates. ([12:04])
- The most common (and little known!) reason that salespeople get stuck in a ‘no sale’ cycle and how you can avoid hitting the wall. ([13:36])
- Understanding why your proposal was rejected – and know how to appropriately define where the core issues lie. ([16:24])
- The core difference between self assessment and self flagellation – and how one will be more beneficial when it comes to improving your proposal creation process. ([19:17])
- Why asking for proposal feedback is an integral part of understanding why your proposal was rejected… and why you shouldn’t be afraid to ask for feedback or constructive criticism from a stakeholder. ([20:27])
- Learning from a hiring manager; how being open-minded can ensure that you’re the first choice next time. ([21:48])
- Key things to remember and consider when you’re asking for constructive feedback on your proposal. ([23:04])
- Understanding and building the best proposal follow up process to ensure that you get the best opportunity to set yourself up for success after a rejected proposal. ([24:06])
Plus, the doors are about to open for three new participants to join The C Suite in January and have their BEST B2B sales year yet! Make sure that you get yourself on the waitlist for doors to open next week..!
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Get on the waitlist to join The C Suite now! If you’re looking to get the best support in selling your services to corporate organisations, not to mention hundreds of email templates, swipe files and proposal outlines so that you really can convert at much higher rates and sell your services more successfully then click here to join the waitlist now: https://bit.ly/join-the-c-suite
Converting Corporates Bundle: If you’re looking to learn the foundational pieces to successfully sell your services to corporate organisations, grab this fabulous self study programme here! You’ll learn how to; Create your 250K corporate sales plan, set your business development strategy for success, understand and successfully generate qualified leads and hear from real hiring managers on their top tips for pitching to organisations! http://bit.ly/convertingcorporatesbundle
How to leave a review – http://bit.ly/howtoreviewmypodcast
Book an exploratory chat with me! I’m offering the final exploratory sessions with me so that you can ask any questions you have about The C Suite and how it can benefit your business. These opportunities are incredibly limited – so if you’d like my eyes on your business and a totally transparent conversation about how The C Suite could support your goals, book it here now: https://bit.ly/corporateexploratorysession
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/top-5-business-development-questions
Like & Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SellingToCorporate/
Follow Me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jess_lorimer/
Follow Me on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/jesslorimer
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.