People often worry that in order to sell to corporates, they should have a background working with corporate organisations. But is that really the case? Is it really needed when selling B2B?
When people leave corporate careers to set up a business, they’ll often go one of two ways; creating a business that immediately sells back to corporate companies because they know the area/ industry and demographic or having not enjoyed their corporate career, avoiding seling to organisations for as long as possible (and trying to become an internet marketing influencer in order to avoid selling!)
But is it necessary to have had a previous corporate career in order to successfully sell B2B? Or are there other things that are more important to stakeholders and companies overall?
In this episode, I’m digging deep and sharing;
- Whether corporate companies really need suppliers who’ve worked for organisations before (and why some of my answers might surprise you!) (01:36)
- What having a ‘corporate background’ means – and how the different definitions might impact your abilities to sell to corporate organisations. (06:04)
- If you really need to have had a sterling corporate career (and what to do if you didn’t!) (08:51)
- The two choices that ex-corporate employees have to make when they leave corporate jobs to set up a business – and how it impacts their sales. (09:52)
- Where business owners often get stuck, frustrated and stop their sales processes (11:56)
- The reasons that internet marketing makes genuine experts feel awful about selling their services (17:04)
- Whether it’s integral to have a corporate background when it comes to selling B2B (19:28)
- The things business owners focus on that corporates don’t care about (24:03)
- What companies really care about when they’re choosing external suppliers to buy from (25:47)
- Why your continued professional development is important to corporate organisations (and for your own business benefit!) (28:32)
- How passionate you are will equal how much profit you’re able to make (32:41)
- Why humble pie doesn’t need to be your default mode when selling your services to corporate organisations. (34:11)
- The real pros and cons of having a corporate background when selling B2B and the pros and cons of selling to corporates if you’ve never worked with corporate organisations before (36:38)
- How to identify whether or not you need support – and what you need to do if there’s something you need help with (39:59)
Plus, sharing the recent podcast reviews from Julie Dennis, Menopause Consultant and Trainer from https://juliedennis.net/ and an update on The C Suite and our closing 2020 doors.
Huge thanks also goes to Julie Dennis from https://juliedennis.net/ for their fab five star podcast review! It’s hugely appreciated and makes it easier to spread the word about Selling to Corporate and what it really takes to get the corporate sales lifecycle started.
Selling to Corporate Podcast episodes for your next listen
Episode 16: What do you really need to successfully sell to corporates
Episode 10: Set the best foundations to sell to corporates
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Join The C Suite now! If you’re looking to get the best support in selling your services to corporate organisations, not to mention hundreds of email templates, swipe files and proposal outlines so that you really can convert at much higher rates and sell your services more successfully before our prices go up then click here to join now.
Book an exploratory chat with me! I’m offering the final exploratory sessions with me so that you can ask any questions you have about The C Suite and how it can benefit your business. These opportunities are incredibly limited – so if you’d like my eyes on your business and a totally transparent conversation about how The C Suite could support your goals, book it here now.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
Like & Follow on Facebook
Follow Me on Instagram
Follow Me on LinkedIn
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.