Tender processes to secure large corporate contracts can be challenging. And yet, when people think about selling their services to corporate organisations, they naturally assume that they’ll end up having to navigate tender/ bid processes at some stage.
But do you really need to bid for large contracts? And if you want to win high ticket sales, do you need to go through large tender processes? In fact, if you’re newer to selling your services to corporate organisations, you might be wondering what a tender process even is – and what it requires.
That’s why I’ve popped this episode together; to make sure that you’re able to decide if you want to work on tender / bid contracts, what you’ll need to understand about those sales processes and the way to navigate them correctly if you decide that it’s the best option for you.
In this episode, I’ll be sharing;
- Why tendering for projects or corporate contracts is a global topic of discussion. ([05:18])
- The definition of ‘tendering’ – and what it means for external suppliers who are thinking about selling their services to corporate organisations. ([07:42])
- What the tender process looks like for external suppliers. ([08:06])
- Industry types that use tender processes (and whether it will impact your sales process) ([09:10])
- What benefits a tender process has for an organisation who are looking to outsource/ hire external contractors/ hire external suppliers for specific projects. ([09:28])
- The two best areas that tender processes are focused to get the best opportunities ([10:06])
- Common reactions to the tender process and deciding which group you fit into. ([10:31])
- What a tender document is and what you’ll need to think about in order to successfully navigate a bid/ tender process. ([13:55])
- Documents provided by the organisation during a tender process and what you can expect. ([14:47])
- How your internal champion/ key stakeholder can support you in your tender process. ([16:04])
- The one, simple thing to remember to help get a successful outcome. ([17:41])
- How the mainstream media are responding to tender requests and how that impacts your own bidding. ([18:34])
- The importance of references, case studies and testimonials during the tender process. ([19:44])
- Company financials and how they relate to the tender process. ([20:52])
- Why you need to check the key requirements before deciding to put in your bid. ([22:36])
- The evaluation process and what you can expect. ([23:00])
- Using the evaluation scorecard to support your future sales processes. ([25:03])
- Whether or not you need to participate in tender processes to win six figure contracts. ([26:04])
- Considerations that you’ll need to make if you work outside of a preferred supplier list/ process. ([27:50])
- Retrospective preferred supplier processes and paperwork that you might need to consider if you win contracts outside of tenders/ bids/ PSLs. ([30:23])
- Pros and cons to working with tender processes and contracts. (32: 05)
Plus, we have two spots left to join The C Suite in January where you can be celebrating signing huge contracts without using tender processes.
Selling to Corporate Podcast episodes for your next listen
Episode 35: What to do if your proposal gets rejected
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Join The C Suite now! If you’re looking to get the best support in selling your services to corporate organisations, not to mention hundreds of email templates, swipe files and proposal outlines so that you really can convert at much higher rates and sell your services more successfully then click here to join now. Only two spots remain for January.
Converting Corporates Bundle: If you’re looking to learn the foundational pieces to successfully sell your services to corporate organisations, grab this fabulous self study programme here! You’ll learn how to; Create your 250K corporate sales plan, set your business development strategy for success, understand and successfully generate qualified leads and hear from real hiring managers on their top tips for pitching to organisations!
How to leave a review – http://bit.ly/howtoreviewmypodcast
Book an exploratory chat with me! I’m offering the final exploratory sessions with me so that you can ask any questions you have about The C Suite and how it can benefit your business. These opportunities are incredibly limited – so if you’d like my eyes on your business and a totally transparent conversation about how The C Suite could support your goals, book it here now.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
Like & Follow on Facebook
Follow Me on Instagram
Follow Me on LinkedIn
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.