Have you ever wondered what it’s like when two salespeople get together to discuss important and upcoming sales trends?
Perhaps you’re wondering what’s on the cards for 2021 and want to hear the different ways that stakeholders will be responding to sales pitches?
Or maybe you want to strategise early – and make sure that you’ve planned for the landscape ahead?
Today I’m bringing our Selling to Corporate Head of Business Development, Rob Cutler onto the show to discuss the upcoming trends that we’re predicting we’ll see in the B2B sales world in 2021 and what you’ll need to prepare for when creating your B2B sales strategy for the new year.
So if you’ve been wondering what’s ahead and how salespeople always seem to know what to do?
Listen now because in this episode, we’re diving in.
In this episode, we’ll be sharing:
- The changes that the sales world has seen over the last ten years – and how that impacts the way that you can start to predict trends and insights moving forward (02:00)
- The reasons that sales really is a skill that you need to learn in order to be successful (and why most graduates fail in sales firms.) (06:23)
- The two types of salespeople you’ll see – and why they need different skill sets to be successful (09:07)
- How industries have changed, adapted and boomed during 2020 (13:34)
- The importance of metrics – and how they’ll help you forward project your income (17:35)
- Why you’re missing out if you’re not mapping out markets correctly (20:05)
- The simple reasons that email (alone) won’t make you money when you’re selling B2B (21:32)
- How resilience is keeping the best salespeople moving during challenging economic periods (24:42)
- Stereotypical sales tactics and why they’re no longer working (27:04)
- Why instant rejection doesn’t have to happen to you – and how you can avoid it at all costs! (29:54)
- Whether ‘old school’ sales styles are dying out – and what we’re replacing them with (31:34)
- How active listening skills will make you money forever (34:56)
- The lack of accessibility to stakeholders that is hitting the market – and the importance of having a proven follow up strategy (36:27)
- Why salespeople struggle to be self motivated (and how that can benefit external suppliers this year!) (41:57)
- How attitude can keep you stuck AND broke as a salesperson – and how to shift it quickly. (46:39)
- The easy way to be a successful salesperson (and it’s not what you think!) (54:18)
- The common misconceptions around B2B vs B2C sales and how those beliefs might be keeping you stuck (56:41)
- Business critical sales boom predictions for 2021 (59:59)
Selling to Corporate Podcast episodes for your next listen
Episode 10: Set the best foundations to sell to corporates
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Join The C Suite now! If you’re looking to get the best support in selling your services to corporate organisations, not to mention hundreds of email templates, swipe files and proposal outlines so that you really can convert at much higher rates and sell your services more successfully before our prices go up then click here to join now!
Book an exploratory chat with me! I’m offering the final exploratory sessions with me so that you can ask any questions you have about The C Suite and how it can benefit your business. These opportunities are incredibly limited – so if you’d like my eyes on your business and a totally transparent conversation about how The C Suite could support your goals, book it here now!
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
Like & Follow on Facebook
Follow Me on Instagram
Follow Me on LinkedIn
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.